Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Set yourself up for Success


Herb container gardening
My herb garden at home is a container garden. The doorway from our kitchen opens onto a paved area, so this is the perfect answer for my situation. All things being equal, I think this is probably the best style for me. I like the informal jumble of pots by the kitchen door, and I can bring my rosemary and lemon grass in for the winter with very little fuss. The different glazes and textures of the pots lend color to what could have been a very green garden, and containers allow me to adjust soil mixtures to suit specific plants. Window-boxes are another form of container with all the benefits previously mentioned, plus the added attraction of being just outside a kitchen window. To sum up, containers are easy and fun. I highly recommend this style of gardening, especially to those just starting out. Who knows what this could lead too! Tomatoes, pole beans, peas, corn :-), pumpkins. Really live it up!!
Happy gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment